Freedom From Chain
…I was in Prison and you came to me.Matthew 25:36“I truly can stand on this verse…
John Justine Says, I would not be the person that I am today if it had not been for Volunteers who loved me in spite of my situation. Now, it is my turn to go back into the gates and minister to those I left behind. Hoping and praying that each one will obtain eternal life through the shed blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”
Barbed wire, steel bars and heavy metal doors; guard tower with armed officers, criminals. THIS IS PRISON!
Society says, “Lock them and throw away the key.”
Politicians say, “We need to build more prisons.”
Statics say, “80% of offenders return to prisons after release– we are wasting our time to try and rehabilitate them’
…But Jesus says, “I was in prison and you came to Me.”
Statement of FaithWe believe that the Bible is the inspired and only infallible, authoritative Word of God. It is the supreme and final authority for faith and practice.
We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who are of one substance and equal in power and glory.
We believe that Jesus Christ, the second Person of the Trinity, was both fully man and fully God. We believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
We believe that man was created in the image of God, sinned, and thereby incurred both physical and spiritual death, which is separation from God.
We believe that salvation is a free gift of God and is received by grace alone and faith alone - that genuine faith always leads us to do good works. We believe we are saved by making a decision to receive Jesus Christ as Savior (Jesus Christ saved us from sin by dying on the cross for our sins) and Lord (Jesus Christ takes first priority in all the areas of our lives).
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation.
We believe that Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church. The Church is comprised of the universal church and local church. The universal church is the worldwide body of believers. The local church is a specific body of believers established for worship, instruction, fellowship and expression of our faith.
Our GoalsTo provide easy access for inmates and their families to get effective help from the prison ministries which best serve their needs. They can find counseling services in their area, or they can locate a ministry to request literature, Bible study courses or simply request prayer support.
To provide easy access for prison ministries to discover each other, and to allow members to communicate with each other using spam-free Secure Email Forms of the network simplifying exchange of experience and news.
To introduce prison ministries to Christian society. At this website Internet users have the opportunity to learn about each member of the network in order to select a ministry to support according to their vision.
By the help of Our Lord Jesus Christ, to lead many Brothers and Sister to the kingdom of God from these prison community.
About Our Prison Ministry…………….It was stated by the all mighty God and God used humble man of my father P.Samuel. with help of the holy spirit he led countless prisoners to the Lord. In those days not much prison ministry which we are finding like today. By the grace of our lord the prison ministry is more than 28, 000 prisoners growing. The public is reporting after knowing the true & dedicated work. Kindly pray for our ministry and without Him we do nothing.
- Loving God whole heartedly
- Being purpose driven
- Loving people unconditionally
- Healthy family lifestyles
- Servant hood and kindness
- Commitment to biblical truth and discipleship
- Personal accountability and responsibility
- Evangelism and Missions oriented
- A house of worship and prayer
Inside prison our work…….
1. Educating the prisoners -.
2. Conducting the Church service - 20 missionaries are paid.
3. Admitting their children in various hostels and schools (180 children).
4. Conducting marriages for the released prisoners.
5. Conducting medical camps in all the jails. They are benefited by these five aims. Our missionaries are visiting every week.
6. Lead a Bible Study
7. Serve as a translator and/or teacher (Kannada, Tamil, Telugu and English)
Out side prison our work …….
1. The above five ways i meet the family of the prisoners. I do whatever the family wants with the help of the bank officials. Loans are given to the family and they are repaying after the life is settled.
2. Taking care prisoner children Studies and food need.
3. Sharing with them God love and His care.
4. Weekly basis doing follow-up in the biblical ways.
5. Finding job for them by our guarantee in different work place.
6. Raise funds for Bibles, CDs, toiletries, gifts...
7. Join our prayer team
8. Donate Bibles for prisoners
9. Minister to families of prisoners
1.One day I was walking towards the clock tower to catch a bus to go to my residence in Kallashipalyam, Bangalure . I noticed a fellow looking at me from the auto and asking me to get in . I told him, I am sorry I don’t have enough money to pay for your auto. I could go by bus. He insisted me to get into the auto and finally I got in . He drove me to my destination in Kallashipalyam. Before getting out off the auto, I started searching for money to give to him. At last I asked him to wait until I got it from the house. He asked me, how much will you give me ? I told him Rs. 30/-. He said, Brother you forgot me . I am Manjunatha whom you met in the 5th barrack in the prison. One day you told me , ‘Manjunatha, you are a very good fellow and you can do many good things when you are released from the prison. Today Brother, I am doing what you told me eight years ago. I am running this auto and getting my livelihood. I got more interested in his talk and he told me , your thirty Rupees is nothing compared to the life that you have shown me . I had been waiting to see you after my release from the prison. Today the Lord gave me the grace to see you.
He told me the place where he was living with his wife and two children. His children are students of a christian school. I wrote a letter to the Headmistress of that school asking to give free education for his two children. He had to pay back the loan taken to buy the auto also get a small house for the family. When he left, I got into the prayer room of our my house and simply shed tears of joy. Lately I happened to meet him . He is very happy and trying to finish up the loan first before thinking of the house. Manjunatha, wife and children .. a small family …. A happy family. Praise the Lord !
2. Venkateswarlu had his own story to tell me. He is the only son for the parents. He studied Degree and got a Diploma in Art subject.. His father got him a shop where he could get orders for writing and painting the boards. Somehow he got into the company of some fellows who lead him enter into the dispute and kill someone from the opposite side accidently. He was sent to the new prison in Bangalore after it’s opening in the year 2000. Knowing his talent, the Superintendent made him to write the names of each barrack and other places. His beautiful writings are still seen when we visit the prison even today.
When he released from the prison he came to me asking what to do. I remembered the divine love Brothers have got a High school in the place where he hails from. Though he was not willing to go there , I advised him to go since his parents are alone and they were in need of his help. When I asked the Brother Principal, he expressed me his inability to take him into his school. The reason , he said, he is coming with a stigma from the prison and the people may not accept him here. Secondly, if anything happens ? … I told the Brother, for this I, Bro. Mohan is responsible. If anything happens I will come there and rescue you from the problem. Finally Principle asked me to send him and after interview and other formalities, he was taken to teach in primary section. Today he is the drawing master of High school students and helping the principal in all his writing and painting works. He is a happy fellow realizing his first crime and turning back to the mercy of God. Praise the Lord !
3. My testimony is one that reinforces God’s love for sinners! I was an alcoholic at age 16! From then until 38, my life was a shamble. At times I lived on the streets, slept in doorways, ate out of garbage cans, etc. I can certainly identify with the homeless.
I couldn’t hold a job, lost my wife and daughter and my dignity. I couldn’t support my habit and turned to crime. I was in and out of jail, then ended up doing federal time. While in prison I finally yielded my life to Jesus about 14 years ago and I’ve never looked back and God has done miracle after miracle in my life! I was completely healed of my alcoholism and later of my smoking (2 and a half packs a day). My limited day parole came earlier than it should have and I didn’t even request it as I knew it was too soon!
God also brought a FFC Volunteer into my life while still inside and we were married 12 years ago! He knew I couldn’t make it on my own and was sincere about changing. It hasn’t been easy but I wouldn’t go back to that old life for anything!
God has provided for us abundantly and when I look around my home and see the things he has blessed us with I can’t believe it. I never dreamed one day I would hold a good job, have a vehicle to drive, a camper in the summer, and a wonderful church family to fellowship with! I have also prayed for my family and slowly they are turning to Christ!
I give my testimony whenever I can in prison groups, Harbour lights, etc. Wherever God sends me. This is a short note of what God has done for me & I want to share it with anyone who will listen so they can be encouraged to change and give their lives to Jesus!
The Bible verse I quote often is Matthew 7:7-8, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened” (NIV).
I asked, sought and have greatly received.
If we give talking Bible…………….
In the prison many comes because they are illiterate. Many rich people using these people innocent to do crime. Nearly 80% of the prisoner do not know to put their signature, they don’t know what they are doing, never went school, money minded people, using drag, and but they are very good listeners.
They always listen songs and watch move. So after much fasting & prayer we are plan to get talking bible. If we give Talking Bible it will give much impact in each one of the prisoners life.
- it will speak to them in many ways.
- It will give them knowledge,
- It will give confidence..
- It will guide and lead in the time of difficulties.
- It will show them who they are.
- It will speak about the real life of after life.
- By this they will come to know the Lord
- Their life will change.
- They became a true follower of Jesus Christ.
During the first few weeks he is in jail, a prisoner will spend more time thinking and reading than he did in the past several years. He has nothing but time on his hands with no way of using it.
When you walk into a jail, one of the first things you notice is the amount of reading material lying in the cells. These men are so bored that those who can read will read whatever you give to them.
A major portion of our budget is devoted to obtaining and distributing reading material to inmates. We bring assorted tracts, devotional guides, New Testaments, Bibles, Christian periodicals, commentaries, testimony-type books, and other good reading materials we can find.
We saturate the local jails with this material, and often receive letters from men in prison who would not recognize the fact that we even existed when we visited the jail. They wanted to let us know that they had listened and read the material that we had left, and had accepted Christ.
Through the Old Time Gospel Hour, we receive mail from inmates in every state and several other countries, and we respond to everyone to the best of our ability. This is an area of great need in the prisons. Even used books in good condition are welcomed.
In the resource directory, at the end of this book, you will find a number of suppliers of material where you can obtain some of these items and distribute them to prisons . you will be doing a tremendous service to the cause of Christ.
On several occasions, we have found that a shipment of books to the chaplain’s office had changed his attitude toward us. It showed him that we care about men who have been entrusted to him, and that we were not just looking for a place to preach.
Prayer request pray for us………………
- Kindly pray these unwanted brothers and sister by the community
- Pray for all prisoners families
- Pray for all prisoners who are in the prison to the know Great love of the Lord
- .kindly pray for this new effort of providing taking bible to the prisoners. Here in india no prison are using talking bible.
- Pray all our worker and families.
- Pray for the Lord’s leading and guidance for this new year 2017.
- Kindly pray for all our needs
- Kindly pray that we in need of more Bibles.